Monday, April 04, 2011

Statesman Capitol 10K

HEB was the head honcho sponsor of the Austin Statesman Capitol 10K for the second year in a row. Being that Randy is an employee of HEB, it was only natural that we wanted to participate. Randy and I started training for the race about 2 months ago. Randy trained for a couple of days, but found it hard to make it to the gym after a long 10 hour shift at work. My hubby works long, demanding hours. I wanna give a shout out to my Love, thank you Randy for all of your hard work! Moving on...I spent many days preparing for this race or maybe preparing to take on one of the most competitive people I have ever known! If you don't know Randy, he does not like to lose. Very rarely do I beat Randy at anything. However, all my hard training paid off. Never in my life did I ever think I could run 6 miles, but I did it! I came in at 58 mins and Randy came in at 1:01. Randy did very well considering there was very little preparation involved. I am not stopping here...Race for the Cure 10k here I come!

Silliness before the race

After the big race...Randy is still smiling :)



No comments: