Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's a Dog's Life

Our dog, Chief, is always keeping things exciting around the house.  The other day, after Brady and I said good-bye to some friends, we noticed that Chief was acting a little peculiar.  As he sat "on guard" at the front window, he started going bonkers (wining, barking, etc...).  I was sure that maybe our company had not left yet, and maybe that was why Chief was alerting us that they were still here.  I pier out the blinds to notice there was nothing outside out of the ordinary.  To ease Chiefs uneasiness, I opened the front door and told him to show me what all the commotion was about.  As I stood by the front door, Chief darted towards the street.  He hops off of the curb into the street, then proceeds to ponce on something that was so near the curb that I could not tell what it was from where I was standing.  As I walked closer to the street I realized that he was playing with this turtle.  Of course by this time the poor turtle was all shelled up.  This was a kodak moment for sure I thought, so I ran inside and grabbed my camera.    He must have seen the turtle crawling across the street, which provoked his craziness.  Soon after we left, the turtle made his way down to the nearby creek.  :)

No comments: